Sunday, August 8, 2021

Litchfield Beach Trip (Part 3)

The weather has been a bit spotty during our week at the beach (part 1, part 2).  Another very overcast day with some showers but we still had some outdoor play.
It's hard to believe, but I am still meeting members of Beach's family.  In that we were nearby, we had a great visit with Beachs mom's cousin and wife.
I would say that there is some resemblance.
The kids had a great time as well.
They swam in their saltwater pool and we relaxed pool side.
Cook out time with popsicles for dessert.
It was a gorgeous sunset on our drive back to "our house" and we were glad to catch the tail end of it when we got there.
So thankful for this man of mine.
And these amazing parents, who were also enjoying God's show.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Many games were played this week.  The kids are old enough now to do some on their own, but not without the occasional argument.
If I can eat outside, that is always my preference.  Ezra is up for joining me.
In discovering a ramp on the island to get to the beach, my mom and I attempted to take the bikes out.
It was a great ride to the end of the island (when we were going with the wind).
However, the return trip was a little more challenging, especially considering the storm clouds that seemed to be looming.
The rest of the family was at the beach.  So Zoe took over mom's bike when we got to them.
It is so fun that she is old enough for such adventures now.
And we raced the storm clouds back to the house!
The weather the rest of the day was not so great, but a break in the storms and I was determined to get some beach time in.  I limped my way there, had a brief time to sit before I hurried back home in the rain.  I'm sure it was a sight.
My indecisiveness seemed to be at war with me this week (the hurt ankle and unpredictable weather was no help in making plans).  However, Beach and I decided on a place to dinner and it was great time to unwind with my number one.
A dress up picture...
but then I was off to get changed.  The weather was clear and I wanted one more adventure on the water.
We took the kayaks out again to enjoy the sunset.
Zoe had a turn trying it out solo.
We encouraged mom to do so as well, and Danielle accompanied her.
In getting back we found a sleepy house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last day and we were able to get the house clean in time for some photos of the littles on the beach.  Aaron worked his magic again to capture their fun!
Love this little crew!
After heading out, we always look for a little last adventure for the way home, and ended up back at Georgetown for a bit.
Shiloh made a friend.
The boat museum was not only free, but had a treasure hunt for the littles.
They had a boardwalk along the water...
Where we spied some little gators.
It ended up in a beautiful green space/house.
So pretty, I insisted on some more pictures for my parents before we said our goodbyes.
We had our picnic lunch at a near by park, but I wasn't expecting it to be quite so messy.
Then one last stop for ice cream before heading home.
This was a rare treat, which made it extra special.
Another mess of a time...
And smiles and naps to fill our way home!
Love my family so much and, despite my internal and ankle struggles this week, thankful for our time to get away together.

No comments:

Post a Comment