Sunday, March 19, 2023

Crossroads Woman's Retreat

Our women's retreat this year was at the beach, and I was able to drive there with my sister and mom.  It was so nice having unrushed time to connect.
The sessions were amazing, as always, but I don't take pictures of those.  We had some free time in the afternoon on Saturday and I enjoyed playing with watercolors....
and a walk on the beach with my creator.  One of my happy places for sure to get to admire much of His handwork....
and have time to talk with Him surrounded by beauty!
I came across this huge section of birds that I was able to get in the middle of and just watch them.
So many beautiful things to see.
We found a place where the wait wasn't to bad for a Saturday night dinner, and I took advantage of some picture opportunities.
Taco cheers!
I, also, included a couple of these awkward photos...
as for some reason I didn't really know exactly what to do with my body next to my preggo sister.
Selfies seem much easier!
The last morning provided a beautiful sunrise outside of our bacany.

I highly encouraged (that sounds better than dragged, right) my mom to come on a short walk before our morning session.
You can't go to the beach and not go on the beach!  We brought our coffee and coats...
and were able to see all the birds in action!
Buckies was on the way home, so we decided to all experience that for the first time and grab lunch there.  And it was an experience!  I found it quite comical and enjoyable (especially the clean restrooms).
Lauren was a good spot and was able to take a picture with Bucky himself!
It was a fun way to break up the drive and check that experience off the list.  I prayed that we could get out of there safely, as it did feel like quite a madhouse inside and in the parking lot (we only lost each other twice inside).
A treasured weekend and quality time that I was thankful to experience with some of the ones I love most!  The Lord is so gracious and I will be pondering a lot of what was taught this weekend, especially in regards to Sabbath!

No comments:

Post a Comment