After our final day of ministry, we headed into the downtown area for a special dinner together. It felt like a beautiful way to celebrate everything God had done throughout the week.

The city was surprisingly quiet. I'm not sure if it was because it was Sunday evening, but there were not any people out. As we looked down the main street, we could see the large statue of Mary overlooking the city. It was another reminder of how different the culture was from what we were used to.

We rode an old, but surprisingly fast, elevator to the top.
When the doors opened, we were greeted with beautiful views overlooking the city and a dining room full of unique character. Of course I had to take pictures to capture the moment.
We had chosen our meals ahead of time, and one brave soul ordered the goat stew (it paired well with her soda).
As for me, if steak is on the menu, that's almost always my choice!
Evan was just as excited about his steak, although somehow he ended up being the very last person served. We all laughed because he refused to put his arm down, even during the prayer, until his meal finally arrived.
The food was incredible.
On my way to the restroom, I discovered a cozy wine room tucked away in the restaurant, complete with rustic décor...
After dinner, we made our way to the rooftop. A light rain came and went, but it didn't stop us from soaking in the views or taking plenty of pictures together.
A mix of silly photos and cheerful ones...
Before we left, I was able to give our interpreters the small gift from the team that I had brought for them. Of course, coffee seemed like the perfect choice.
Their kindness, patience, and willingness to serve our team all week were such an incredible blessing. We truly could not have done any of it without them.
As we walked down the beautifully decorated staircase and headed back to the bus, I found myself reflecting on the week. It had been full of long days, new friendships, unforgettable experiences, and countless reminders of God's faithfulness.

























No comments:
Post a Comment