Thursday, September 13, 2018

Happy Stay Away Hurricane Birthday

I am old.  Well not really but my younger self would sure think so.  Now a year away from 40. I remember just a couple of years ago, while on a date with Beach, seeing a party at the restaurant for someone turning 40, as the balloon declared.  "Oh, it's just an old person's party."  For real, that notion went through my mind, followed by, "Oh wait, that is me in a couple of years!!!"
Now that it is even closer and my body is feeling the effects of it all, I knew things were going to have to go slow, especially with a hurricane headed our way!
The fam let me sleep in, so these are fresh out of bed pictures!  The littles were so excited to give me their cards and presents.
Then it was off to an AM date with my love.  First stop the best coffee in town...
then breakfast (yes I did bring my own coffee there -some things are non-negotiable).  It has been awhile since Beach and I have been on a date, especially a morning one and this was awesome!  It helped with my mood and we both decided we needed more of these in our future!
Afternoon snuggles with the best snuggler around!  Such a gift that I still get to hold and love on this little boy who still takes naps!

We got together with all of the extended family for dinner.  Shiloh worked on a "cake" with her cousin for me and was pretty proud of herself.

I got some sweet thoughtful...

and beloved gifts!
All the kids attacked my weighted blanket and enjoyed it so much but I had to confiscate it back!

My mom outdid herself with two fabulous desserts and I was feeling the love!  Thanks Danielle for awesome picture!

While the planned date Beach had set up for the weekend didn't work out and was very disappointing (to put it mildly), I was so very thankful for the family time I did get, and safety from the storm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment