Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas Day

Christmas is finally here and, per usual, I took way to many pictures.  It is just such a special time that I want to capture every little piece of it!  Plus we all look decent as a family.
Christmas Eve we headed to church for a family service.  While this can be a challenge with little ones, they try to make it as inclusive as they are able.
Then we headed into our just built sanctuary to sing one song together.
Glow sticks were used instead of candles for safety.
Then it was to my parent's house for dinner.  I had to include some of the outtakes of attempts for a family picture because it is always so eventful.  There are always smells, squeezing and plenty of variety of faces.
I'm pretty persistent, though, that we stick with it until we get one decent picture.
After we headed home, we allowed the littles to open one gift from the Michigan Grandparents before heading to bed.
Ezra has entered the land of legos.
And the girls were thrilled with their oh so girly pillows.
Then we finished the last little bit of touches to get ready for the morning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We take things at a slower pace Christmas day and start with stockings.  The kids insisted that Beach start with his, as they had a hand in it.
He always gives them good reactions for his goodies.
I threw in a game that I hope to enjoy together!
I had a couple of goodies myself.
The kids were so patient to wait for their stockings stuff to begin!
I always love their reactions!
Cuttest little reindeer.
Then Beach and I teamed up to make a delicious breakfast.
Apple cake is traditional to sing happy Birthday to Jesus.
Beach even treated them to coffee.
We added our last little advent items to the advent tree.
Pure joy.
Then it was on to the main event...Ezra insisted I go first with a gift he made at school.
Sweet little treasures of things like handprint ornaments are my favorite. 
We take a lot of time to open our gifts, and I love to see how the kids get just excited for one another as they are for themselves.
Many treasures from their Michigan Grands.
Shiloh giving and explaining the gift that she bought for Ezra.
It is easy to know what is from Grandma.
New slipper excitement in action.
Shiloh LOVES giving gifts.

Ezra gave Beach a Nerf gun, in which they were both excited to get at it.
Zoe gave Daddy some chocolates.
Zoe mainly asked for a Karaoke machine!
Big girl is ready for a big bike.
Then it was time to play!  Zoe enjoyed figuring out her karaoke machine and trying it out.
While Shiloh minned for treasures.
Beach's favorite thing was the Nerf gun Ezra gave him, in which he had it always ready to go in case Ezra started biting his lip.
Even with all that fun, we still had more to go and headed to my parents house next...

No comments:

Post a Comment