Friday, May 29, 2020

Finishing Them School Days

May brought an end to our school at home days.  It was another long month, in that department.
It truly made us appreciate school all that much more!
I found this on one of Shiloh's packets...it is a good summary of the times!
Packets, packets, and more packets. 
The weekly zoom calls continued, although my kids were not the biggest fans of such.
Why does my baby look so old in this picture making that silly face!!
We occasionally would do some more fun like activities.
All the kids wanted to create an art project for a local competition. 
Ezra created a rainforest habitat after doing some research on such.
He was pretty proud of it.
Zoe's teacher, who is really brave, still completed one of the class rewards for their school fundraiser earlier in the year, getting pied in the face.
Zoe was surprised and very entertained!  
Her teacher is such a good sport and went in for another hit!
So much notebook work...
The school had a "good-bye" drive through with the teachers and staff.  I'm always a mess at the last pick-up and I knew this would not be any different.
We managed to see Zoe's teacher at the last second and she was able to capture this sweet picture.
"Mommy, are you wearing sunglasses so they do not see you crying?"  My kids know me so well.  As much as I would like to hold it together during this short time, my body had other ideas.  It is such a flood of emotions for being so grateful for these amazing women who have loved on my babies over the years, mixed with sadness that another year has come to an end, and topped off with the magnitude of how this year ended, and I'm a pure mess.
So true little Bees!
We then headed to the park to add a little joy into the afternoon.
My little monkeys.
We still had a little school to finish up the next week, but after that was over, we went out to celebrate with "coffee" for all!
As well as some last day of school pictures.
4th, 2nd, and Kindergarten we will miss you!
Out take for humor sake.
Also, I love for them to put on the same clothes from their first day of school to see how they have changed and grown over the past few months.
Man this year was tough and good in so many ways.  The Lord sustained us, though, right through the end (that I may have been the most excited one to make it to the end).  I have no idea what next year holds (a challenge for a planner like myself, but a space that I have had to become comfortable with whether I like it or not in so many areas of life), and I know that it will require more growth for us all.  For now...bring on the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment