Thursday, November 23, 2017

Counting the Thanks

Oh Thanksgiving, one to be truly thankful for.  It was sandwiched between some very tough weeks yet by God's grace, this day was a breath of fresh air with all of us well!
We enjoyed a slower morning pace with a huge breakfast by Daddy and the Macy's Day Parade.  The Russells joined us for a bit.
Then it was on to some food prep...and my girls were all ready to help!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I had to include some pictures of "Emma".  After not getting around to carving our pumpkin, Zoe borrowed the idea from her classroom of taking turns writing our thanks each day on her.
 I do love how she really took the initiative on this one and was always ready to remind us!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanksgiving afternoon was spent at my parent's beautiful property.
Poppy and kids love gator rides around the pond.
Waiting for them, I realized I did not have any pictures to include of myself....so selfie time!
Pictures by Aaron.
As the day ended, I yet again realized I had not taken pictures of the grown ups....so I captured the last activities of the day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The fun was not completely over, though, as the following day we were able to be with Beach's extended family.
Kid table, complete with adorable pumpkins.
Jenni brought supplies for making bird pine cones that the adults spent way more time with...
while the kids played, enjoying the beautiful day and tree house.
Kathy even organized a scavenger hunt that had them scrambling around the house!
With such the difficulties that can be around this time, how much more important it is to take time to count our thanks and spend it with family!
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment