Saturday, November 24, 2018

Looking back with my classic college friends!

Time passes every so quickly.  It has been years since I have seen these sweet college friends of mine.  Yet my heart remembers oh so well. When Monica suggested that we get together, since we all still live in the same state (unlike many of our college pals), I was so thankful that she took the initiative.  I'm not always so great in being intentional in that manner.  
We spent hours together catching up, laughing and reminiscing as we checked out how much CIU had changed in the 20 years since we started there.  We were all in the same "family group" that first welcome week starting as wee freshmen.
Also, since old pictures are so fun, I had to include some.  Way before the age of digital and social media (thank goodness), I scrounged through our old photo albums.
It brought so many smiles to my face to remember these special time and special ladies!
There were quite a few but I just grabbed some from our first year together.
Attempting to take a selfie together took us forever and was beyond hilarious.  I kept taking them even during the awkward times, which made true genuine smiles and laughter.  (Also, when I laugh like that I'm pretty sure you can see every single one of my teeth!)
OK, so I recognize that these are not the most flattering of pictures, and hopefully they won't kill me for including them, but I love them so much because of what they represent!
Yeah, my selfie game was hurting but I tried!
The regular pictures turned out a little better!
There has been so much that has gone on in our lives over these long years that we needed to unpack together and support one another.  Man I love these ladies that the Lord placed in my life and just treasured our time!  May this be something that we are able to do more often, for life is just a vapor!

No comments:

Post a Comment