Sunday, August 2, 2020

Zoe - 4th Grade

My sweet Zoe rocked her fourth grade year.  She had some challenges, which often come at this age, but was able to work through them and make some great new friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"My favorite food is smoothy." She became on expect on how to make these this year, including for herself and siblings for breakfast.  "My favorite thing to do is read" and she is excellent at it. "Something special about me is I love to read and write. My dad owns a coffee shop.  Two little known facts about me: 1. I love coffee.  2. I love to read."  I am seeing a theme here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I am a rockstar reader!  Come see me read a good book!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Love by Zoe
Love is spending time together.  Like giving people coffee when they need it."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A sampling of her writing, that she even learned to type up this year.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A Tale About Zoe.  My name is Zoe.  I am 9 years old.  My favorite color is purple.  Works and actions that are important to my job as a student are: Hard working and kind.  A pattern in my life is eating pizza every Friday.  A rule at my house is not to leave the AirB&B dirty.  My perspective about filling up someone's bucket is being kind.  What BIG IDEA would you want your reader to learn?  Popularity is not always good.  Something I would like to see changed in our world...to stop littering. What are the ethics about bullying on our campus?  Being a respectful bee and be safe."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I am thankful for...I am thankful for Ms. Brewer because she is nice and pretty.  I am thankful for my classroom.  I am thankful for Camryn and Alyssa.  I am thankful for my family.  I am thankful for Ms. Newborn."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They had an adorable presentation, which started with this invite.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zoe has, also, learned how to include images in her work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have always enjoyed walking down the halls and seeing my child's work displayed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zoe had a couple of fun at school field trips, including this one regarding CSI.
Thankful that her teacher took some pictures, so the parents could get a sneak peak as well.
Another class picture captured by her teacher!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The 100th day of school is always a call for a celebration.
Zoe and her two BFFs!
Such a sweet group of kids!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For some reason Zoe did not come home with a lot of art work this year.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then it was onto school at home.  Which may not be as exciting but she persevered.  I wanted to include some samples of her work.
Some questions that she had for Betsy Ross.
A chart on the difference between today and The Great Depression.
The era that Zoe would like to do more research on: 1920's-'40!
One of my favorite assignments....25 things Zoe loves about her life.
Some cute sketches I just wanted to include.
"Writing: I think a friend means spending time with them and giving them another chance.  I think it is important to give something to your friend when they give you something.  That is what I think is a good friend."
Zoe missed her friends desperately during this time.  Thankfully she was able to sore through the school work, but it was still a challenge not having the quality time with them that she used to get!  
Love that Zoe made this to represent this time.
Even through all the challenges, I am so glad she was still able to finish strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment