Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Mini Girl's Trip

It was shortly after I returned from my girls trip, that my own little girls started scheming.  They told me they were planning a surprise, and little else.  I encouraged them to get my mom's support (as she would be watching them for the day), as I had no idea what they were thinking.  However, it was then explained that they were wanting to do their own little girl's trip, using all their money combined (and recruiting some of their brother's money).  I am not going to lie, my first inclination was exhaustion.  My body was recouping as it was, and I was needing to catch up on things, that I didn't have time to plan another trip, or want them to use up all their money on me.
  
They prevailed, though, and I realized that my little mini me would love to search AirB&B herself and figure things out (as I do).  I taught Zoe how to search, so she was no longer looking for places in Brazil and other parts of the world, and to understand what the cost truly was (and that they would, thus, need to earn more money, as they truly wanted to do it all on their own).

We landed on an adorable little house in Greer, that had a pool, a HUGE draw for the girls.  They continued to earn money and actually made their goal!  We set out on a Tuesday (as the weekday nights are cheeper) for our adventure.
 
Up first was Barista Alley, one of our favorite spots in the upstate.  We always want to support local, and if we can do that through another coffee cafe, bonus!
The girls had never had crepes, so we got a variety of types and shared them, for them to see the difference between sweet and savory. Of course, I got a coffee, too!
While the styrofoam they serve them on is not the prettiest (thanks again COVID), the food was amazing.
Then we poked around at a few stores in the small area of downtown Greer, in which Shiloh declared she loved window shopping. 
 We stoped in this one store, that had some great decorating (right up Shiloh's ally), and the girls sat down and we just chatted with the owners for several minutes.  It was a fun experience for us all!
Then we went to their large city park and were greeted by the ducks.
The girls enjoyed the playground, but it didn't have any shade for the warm afternoon...
So we just hung out for a little bit before moving on.
During their research time, the girls had seen the many sidewalks at the park, so they brought their scooters.
They would briefly stop to check out something along the way, or to wait for me.
But it was just a perfect place for them to scoot around with hardly anyone in sight.
After the scooting was done, we gave the ducks a little snack before going to check in at our AirB&B.
When we got there, our host was out with her three littles, and we quickly joined them!  Zoe loves being in full snorkel gear.
(Imagine adorable mask picture here...my tween was not a fan and wanted it removed, so I obliged.)
I had such a great time chatting it up with our host, she was so hospitable and kind.  Then I played with the girls in the pool.
Zoe got brave to dive off the diving board (the floaty gave her the assurance she needed at first).
That night we snuggled in bed, took silly photos and watched a little TV before heading to sleep.
After breakfast and cleaning up, the next morning the girls were eggar for more swimming. While I'm not a fan of chilly water, I obliged and we enjoyed more time with our host when they came to join us!  One more farewell to our adorable AirB&B stay before heading out for more exploration!
Seeing that Barista Ally sent me a coupon for a free coffee, it was our first stop.
The girls wanted to be twining for the day.
Then then headed to Greenville, finished our lunch in the car and walked to Falls Park.
We had fun exploring all around.
And the girls were impressed by this amazing hand of God's creation!
For my girls that love to climb trees, they just couldn't resist...
But their momma would only allow them to go so far.
It was a HOT day, and we had planned on dipping our feet in the water, but we nixed those plans on seeing the many signs of bacteria in it.  So we just enjoyed with our eyes.
More duck friends!
My beautiful girls!
Zoe braved the bridge, that she was not so sure about!
Then we did some more "window shopping" which the girls enjoyed more than I expected.  They do have a fabulous main street!
A promised ice cream treat to share brought many smiles, as they got to choose their own creation.
Another coffee for the momma (although, not my favorite), and the memories of the place were fun, though.
Shiloh awkward photo with the statues.
More like it!
Shiloh's favorite dessert, after all!  Where we found a little treat to take home to Ezra as well.
One last picture, before we quickly headed back to the car, as it began to sprinkle!
We enjoyed listening to Adventures in Odyssey as we headed home.  The girls were very excited to give Ezra his treat when we got there.
It was such a very special trip that I am more than blessed to have amazing daughters that love to travel and want to bless their momma with a trip together (may it always be)!

No comments:

Post a Comment