Sunday, July 19, 2020

Girls Trip!

It has been a long time (aka pre-kids) since a girl trip could be attempted for this momma!  However, it actually happened during a recent wonderful weekend.
When we arrived, the gals saw that the property had some little horses and made a bee line to them.
So adorable!
Another Lord provision....the place that we had booked weeks ago called a couple of days before the trip to inform us that it was infested with rodents, thus, not going to work out.  Getting a spot near the beach (with only certain beach's on that list) that would meet our qualifications did not seem likely.  However, Lauren rocked it in finding this one in Beaufort, which I dismissed as being way to much....but in that it was a new listing, they actually took around $500 off the price.  It was amazing to be treated with such and no doubt a gift from the Lord.
Cheers!  How cute is this cup my friend's had made, along with our salty t-shirts!
We headed into downtown Beaufort to an adorable place for lunch.
Also, big smiles for friends that will split their meals with you!
Lauren is my plant friend.  She has an app and enjoys looking up new plant finds to learn about them!  So fun!
Front porch rocking and chatting it up!  Sorry caught you mid talking Heather, your still so adorable though!
Our salty crew!  We got take out pizza that was amazing that night, and enjoyed hours and hours of chatting it up together!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was thankful for some coffee and solitude with my Jesus the next morning before we got going.
We were headed to the beach next!  Huntington Island State Park to be exact.  We stopped at this roadside along the way, though, to get some boiled peanuts.
I made the gals take pictures with me since I did not have my kids along to photograph.  At the stand we learned that the park was closed due to flooding.  I was frustrated with myself for not checking previously, and there really wasn't any near by options that I knew of.  HOWEVER, with some vague directions, the peanut man explained of a nearby spot that the locals go too.
We did eventually find it and were thankful for that!  It was more of in inlet, though, so not so much wave action going on.  To get into the high tide water, we had to walk through a lot of "mud" that brought a lot of laughter.  This was the result that I was left with upon returning to my seat.  
We made the best of it, but this will not be a spot that I would return too.  My friends were good sports, which helped me have a good attitude.
Then we stopped for coffee on the way back home.  Caught Lauren by surprise with a picture.
This was a cute store that my family and I had stopped at a couple years prior, when they had just opened.
I opted for some yummy tea for a refeshing treat!
After getting cleaned up we headed out to dinner.  
The waiter was kind enough to take a picture for us.  He mentioned about the lighting not being great, but I didn't realize he meant this bad!
We celebrated sweet Heather's birthday that was this past week!
And then enjoyed some relaxing time on the waterfront.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After cleaning up and packing up, we squeezed in a little more fun the next morning. Well, this part I attempted to convince them was fun.
It was pretty warm without any shade but oh so beautiful!
The girls obliged me in climbing up the tower before we headed out for brunch.
On the way home, we drove by the church ruins and hopped out to explore a little bit.
At this point, my selfie game was pretty warn out!
It is such a beautiful spot!
Although, I was a bit sad to see that they had put up a fence since the previous time I had visited.
Some like to wander around and examine some of the old tombstones.
Hard to imagine what life would have been like here so long ago.  I think Pearl would agree.
Such a relaxing time to soak up some soul filing fun!  So thankful for a chance to get away and spend such a special time with these ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment