Sunday, March 21, 2021

Great Wolf Lodge '21

We weren't doing birthday parties again this year, so the kids requested to go to Great Wolf Lodge again to celebrate all of their birthdays (that are within a month of each other).  Finding a Groupon deal, and having enough years pass for me to forget the things that I did not like about it, we planned on going when the littles had a day off from school.  Seeing as IKEA is so close, we headed there first, where the kids did great and we all enjoyed lunch.  Then it was off to the water park.
Last time we where there, Ezra was pretty little and just hung out in the small kids area.  He stilled wanted to play there awhile but, thankful, we were able to all venture out together for some fun.
As crazy as it sounds, one of the things they all loved the most was the large pool.  Ezra built up his bravery to jump from the side.
It was, also, one of my most favorites, as I love to hear his excited giggle each time.
Selfie to prove I was there, too.
Not my best look, but sure do love my girls.
Zoe and I have similar bathing suits.
The rest of the family had pizza for dinner, as is the easiest thing to do there, and still squeeze in enough fun to stay till it closes.
More examples of how pictures usually go...
But I keep trying until I get all smiles.
We found that their app had a feature to take a picture where it seemed like the wolf was with you, which the kids thought was so fun.
Story time was quite different this year.  They had us all very spaced out in family groups and spoke over and over again about wearing masks properly.  I found it ironic considering the whole waterpark is in stark contrast.
Howling with my littlest little.
More app fun as we wait our turn to take a picture.
When we got back to the room, the girls were still a bit hungry and ate some leftover pizza in bed.  Something they would never be allowed to do at home.
I wanted this sweet picture from the top of their bunk beds, just like they had when they were younger.
A howling great day! (Clearly my phone quality has improved since then. And it brought me to tears finding these old pictures from 2017.)
And just for grins....found this picture on my phone that one of the kids took.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next morning we slept in a bit and managed with the oatmeal that I brought that wasn't as great as I had imagined.
We got a lot more water park time in, though!  Ezra didn't mind wearing a life jacket pretty much the whole time. Another added level of safety is always a plus in my book.
A couple more pictures before we headed back out, and back to IKEA to pick up more things and eat more food.
The kids all had a blast!  I struggled with a headache pretty much the entire time we were in the water park area (probably due to all the chemicals in the place), so it will be a long time until we return most likely.  However, I am so thankful for this quick trip not far from home that brought so many smiles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment