Monday, October 16, 2023

A FULL FAIR DAY

On a very packed day that the kids had off from school, we decided to take advantage of the State Fair's offering of free entree for lunch time. We got adjusted and then headed downtown. We had to be leaving the fair around when the lunch time deal was over, so I thought it would work out perfectly.  However, upon the way I realized that I was actually an hour off in my timing.  Not wanting to fork over an additional $100 bucks for full price tickets, when we wouldn't actually be there that much longer, we hit up the Riverfront park on the way to wait for the correct time.
The kids seemed to enjoy this nature break as well.
 I love adventuring with my family!
Such a beautiful day for the fair!  I'm not a fan of the rides that can be put together in one day, so we did not attempt any of those.
There were certain things that we wanted to see, including the sand sculptures. 
Visiting some of the venders was fun.
I love seeing the animals and we gave them a snack.
The Princess Diana exhibit was a bizarre thing to me, as it was mostly just large pictures of her.  We breezed through there quickly but I did snap one pictures myself.
Then off to the chocolate chip cookies that they seemed to be piping irresistible smells about!
We, then, found an area where I had never seen before.  I'm not sure if it is always there or was a special for that year.  It was set up like an old time village of all sorts of different things!  
 
There was not much of a crowd there but it was very fascinating with some demonstrations of glass blowing, iron work, broom making shop, and cooking over a fire (complete with apple treat samples).
The kids each made their own rope, which I had never seen before, and were on the news.
We all shared some yummy food while listing to live music before we headed out for the day.  It was a great way to experience the fair, without being there forever and spending to much money!
Then I took Zoe to a Cross Country meet in North Augusta!  We just made it to get her changed and on her school bus.
While she didn't mind if I didn't go, my heart wants to see her in action.  I took a nap in the car while they warmed up. Thankfully, Ezra, who was with me, was gracious to allow me to sleep!
Zoe did well!
It got pretty cold toward the end of the meet.
While the whole team may not have been there, she was thankful to be with those who were there!
We then met up with some of her buddies to grab Chick-fil-A before finally heading home for the day!  While a little too full of a day for me, we made many memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment