Monday, November 13, 2023

Coffee Fest

I have had on my radar for awhile to attend Coffee Fest, a coffee industry conference.  The closest one that they hold is in Orlando, and we decided to drive and saw a beautiful sunset on the way down.
We stayed at a hotel near the convention center, as it was a two day event.
They had all sorts of venders, some with beautiful displays.
Thankful to be there with my bestie!
After a very full day, we headed to a Mexican restaurant for a great deal on tapas (thanks to a recommendation on someone we met there).
Beach doesn't love the idea of tapas (we have attempted such a feat before and both left hungry).
However, this was a better experience and we ordered more!
Back at it on day two, and we went to so many different educational classes that were geared toward business owners.  It would have been phonemail if we were just starting out but even 11 years in we gleamed a lot. There is always more to learn and improve on!
We got to try a lot of different products...
and may implement some new things in the future.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That night we tackled Disney Springs...
We had never been before and made the dinner reservation right before going.  I had not been feeling well for quite some time leading up to the trip, and we really just had to take it day by day.  So what was available was Planet Hollywood, and we both enjoyed some steak.  An interesting overstimulating place for sure.  An experience we most likely will never do again, as once was plenty.
We then explored the area....
It was a beautiful night!
It got crazy busy the later we got, more so then any place I have ever been to I believe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had one free day to have some fun before heading back.  I was not up for a full amusement park day, so I looked into some other ideas.  I found a Florida type pass that included the Fun Spot, so we thought we give it a go.  We got there close to opening and there was hardly anyone there!
After a couple of rounds of go carts (they had several tracks, which was the main drawl for us), we discovered that it was not our thing anymore!  We both were not feeling great and the riding made things that much worse.  It didn't help that on our first round, my go cart stalled out and started going backward downhill on a curvy ramp. This got my nervous system in flight or flight for sure, and my confidence greatly waned in the safety of it all, along with my enjoyment of the activity. I was sad that this didn't turn out well and we explored some other lame things to do (like this "fun house"). 
After sitting on a bench trying to figure out what we would do the rest of the day, and just being discouraged, we decided to go.  I was happy to see that they did end up opening the alligator exhibit, which was interesting!
I have never seen them so close up!
While attempting to get some parrots to talk, Beach thought that an acorn landed on his head.  Looking at him, I sympathized that it was not an acorn!  He quickly went to find a bathroom to clean up the poop from an unseen bird.
We took a coupe more laps around the park and rode on the small Farris wheel. 
It was nice weather at least!
Honestly what I wanted to do was just go take a nap (and that was to come) but we decided we try a coffee shop first.
They had delicious food and drinks.

Then we went on a brief walk at a park near by.  Smiling even through the fatigue.
After a nap for us both, I researched another coffee shop so that we could debrief some of the things we had learned.  It ended up being in an outlet mall (which I hadn't realized) in a Tommy store.  Not a place where people go and work and with not so great coffee.  We attempted some, though, and walked around a bit before heading to dinner.
Beach and I had never tried Korean BBQ and a place near by seemed to have good reviews. A new experience we could do together while sitting.  Since all the food in Orlando seems to be pretty pricy, this place actually wasn't to bad comparatively.  Most of what Beach eats is meat, so having the option of unending protein was a drawl!  We tried a lot of different things and you cook it yourself in the middle of the table.
While the day was not anything that I had expected, and difficult because of not feeling well (I, also, wonder about the likelihood of mold in our hotel room, as we were both feeling so off), we did make some memories!  We learned a lot from Coffee Fest (just don't have anytime to apply it yet, as we are going into the busiest season of the year), and look forward to using the things to come.  I am very thankful that I get to do this journey with my BFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment