Monday, July 13, 2015

The Jesus I'm Just Getting to Know

I've read the Bible in it's entirety a few times.  I went to Bible college where I majored in Bible (and Psy) and learned how to really study it and grew in my faith.  I attempt to be in the Word regularly.  Yet it doesn't seem to matter, I always gain new insights.  I feel lately God is really showing me different parts of himself, parts that still seem so confusing to me.  Parts that don't always make sense and I come up with questions that I don't know what to do with, besides ask Him for wisdom.
This Jesus that I follow, He does things that if I were there at the time, I would think were crazy, that were not the best way, "smartest way", most convenient and certainly not the best planned.  Or at least with my finite self that's how I would see it.  He loves those that are marginalized.  He rebuked those that are proud and sometimes, seem to be doing the "right thing".  He often went against what the religious culture taught and did not care what others thought.

This Jesus.  I want to know more of him.  To understand, to process fully.  I think it's so easy to get caught up with what our "culture Christianity" is like, we miss A LOT.  But I want to go back to the source more, to what He really says, not what "seems right".  Oh, Lord grant me this wisdom.  Please let me see things through your eyes.  Not trying to gain your approval (for nothing I can do deserves such) but granting me the grace and mercy to understand and worship you more fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment