Saturday, April 21, 2018

Strawberry Fileds Forever

 A beloved family tradition is for us to go strawberry picking.  I wasn't feeling all that well but slept in, saved up some energy and headed off with the parents when Beach had to work on Saturday.
Last year I think we went to late in the season, so we were pumped when we found that the strawberries were so bountiful!
I could hear people walking by talking about how one should not eat them out of the fields, but I don't know how this is even possible...that is the best part! (Plus it made me feel a bit better knowing how Cottle Farm cares for their crops and the quality of the berries - worth the longer drive from my house).
The littles were all were great helpers (although I spent a lot of time sorting through the "picked" ones....most of the "rejects" got eaten don't worry).
These girls crack me up!
I love this face of messy giggles!
Right near by is a community park, and since it is quite a haul from a house, we enjoyed having a picnic by the water.
And then exploring around a bit....
So thankful for this precious gift of a morning and adding it to the treasures of my heart.  (Thanks Mom and Dad for joining the fun!  I couldn't have done it without your support!)

No comments:

Post a Comment