Sunday, April 22, 2018

Arting it with the Birthday Man

A birthday is a great excuse for a date night with my man!  Before we had littles we enjoyed going to Artista Vista, and since it fell on his actual birthday this year, we headed downtown and grabbed some dinner first!
We made our own little lanterns, which was a fun activity to break things up.  I had our girls in mind when I made mine, as I knew they would want to keep it!
For some reason Beach didn't want to march in the lantern parade (Ha!) - with as much walking as we did my heeled sandaled feet was good with that.
I was a little disappointed that there were very few galleries participating, as there were many in the past, but we did enjoy the ones that we saw.
Except when I was making Beach really nervous with my lantern, as he was scared I was going to knock into some art work or something.  (A pretty mural calls for another picture....am I right?)
What I didn't know about was a new artist building (near One Eyed Cow - which we also enjoyed) that had their grand opening that night.  Many different rooms set up with a variety of artist.
This was by far my favorite; this amazing artist used pieces of toys and whatnot's to create beautiful pieces of art...
The fascinating thing about it, though, was that because the space was not that wide, you could not tell exactly what it was unless you looked through your phone or magnifying glass.
I enjoyed getting to know her and will keep my eye out for her unique original work in the future!  It was a great way to end the night!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The parting was not over yet for Beach....as we celebrated with the family a few days later.
Shiloh collected the cards and had Beach read them.
There were some fun gifts as well...
and of course, cake!
(Mom even made it gluten free so I could have some - She is the best!)
We so love being together
Another great birthday in the books!  So beyond thankful to have this amazing man in my life, as my support and BFF!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment