Sunday, December 23, 2018

Fresh Cuts

I'm realizing all to regularly how time is slipping through my feelings.  I love the ages that our children are now and it's hard realizing this sweet season will soon be over (not that there won't be other wonderful ones to come).  So my little man had these adorable curls (best seen when his hair was dirty), however, it was getting a bit long.  Beach preferred him to cut it over me, so I explained how it was just to be a trim.
I let him have at it while I busied with other tasks.  The end result, though, was a lot different than what I was expecting.
Ezra's sweet little face was still so very handsome, even though he did look a lot older.
I knew that both my special boys were hesitant and wanted this lady's approval.  While it was a great  cut, my heart morned inside for the loss of that last baby feature!  It was consoled by how adorable he was all the same.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next up was Shiloh.  She has never had a hair cut.  Her hair has grown so much this past year, which she loved, but it was in need of a trim.
That was something I could handle and she was pleased with the results (and still having a lot of length).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally, it was Zoe's turn.  She had been asking for MONTHS to get it cut really short.  She has only had one other trim a couple of years ago.  It has taken her 8 years to get this little bit of length and, at the rate that her hair grows, I was concerned that if she didn't like it, it would be years of remorse.  OK, so there may have been some projection from when I had a horrible hair cut when I was around 20.  One of those, "just do what you want" haircuts that ended up super short that seemed to greatly accent my chubbier cheeks. Everyday I would look in the mirror (for months) and bemoan this foolish decision.  So my momma heart wanted to protect her from such, but after months of persistence, I caved and allowed her to get it cut (but only to her chin - which she cried over more than once as she was wanting more taken off).
My mom was kind to take her and they made a fun little date out of it. It was, also, easier knowing that I could trust my amazing hairdresser with the end results!
I was pleasantly surprised about how cute it turned out.  Zoe was thrilled, as it was "just the way she wanted it", and she thought she looked like a particular American Girl Doll now.  I say she is cute either way and, even if it does take countless of years to grow out again, she is adorable!
Ok, that is enough growing up now...can we take a little break?

No comments:

Post a Comment