Saturday, April 17, 2021

Zoe's 11th Birthday

Sweetest oldest child of ours hitting the big 11 this year!  
Glad to have dad home for breakfast!
It was a school day for Zoe, so I took her out briefly for her chosen lunch spot date, Firehouse Subs!
She requested to spend some time with friends after school at the park.
A beautiful time together!
Zoe had a soccer game that night, so we picked up Chick-fa-la and had a picnic there beforehand.  I, also, attempted to take pictures with the bright sun shining!
Grammy and Poppy came to watch the game.  It got unseasonably cold, with the wind kicking through, but Zoe didn't seem to mind.
Zoe is all about the lemons right now, so she requested a lemon drink and lemon icy dessert. 
Topped off the day with presents, including some treasures from her Michigan Grands!
Grandma sends all the fashion.
Shiloh was very excited for Zoe to open her gifts from her!
Zoe loves my weighted blanket so much that I got her one as well.
I don't usually pull April Fools jokes, as I'm focused on Zoe's birthday, but this year I did a small one.  Zoe really wanted a certain watch when she saw me looking online at things that were on sale at Target a month prior. She was really disappointed when all the presents were unwrapped and she had not gotten it. Zoe did a great job acting as if she was not bothered by such and wrapped herself in her new weighted blanket (she later told me that she was really trying not to cry).  So she was, indeed, really surprised when I pulled out one more present for her.
To say that she was excited is an understatement.  She, also, let me know that she did not like April Fools jokes that are pulled on her!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Of course we celebrated with my family, as well, on another night.
Sweet cards!
Zoe requested that her aunt help her push back through her earring hole.  Lauren was making such great faces at such that I tried to capture it, but just got a smile instead.
Delicious lemon cupcakes for the win!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With spring break thrown in the mix, we had to wait a bit, but finally Zoe had a first sleepover with friends to enjoy some buddie time.
Lots of fun energy, including wheelbarrow races!
They were so sweet and often included Ezra in their play, which he really appreicated.
Zoe later took a selfie in the t-shirt that her friend gave her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She got another awesome t-shirt through a carline gift drop off.  Another one of her close buddies could not come to the sleepover, due to a surprise trip to the hospital for her appendix bursting.  We are so thankful that Grace is alright and recovering at home now.  Zoe is super into being a FBI spy right now, so the shirt was perfect.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not sure how we ended up here with an amazing pre-teen already 11-years-old and excited about middle school!  However, I am so thankful and proud of the incredible young lady Zoe is turning into, and how our relationship continues to evolve and grow.  There is so much I don't know how to navigate in this phase (thankful to have the Lord to rely on for that), but so glad I get to do this with one marvelous girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment