Sunday, May 9, 2021

Mother's Day and the Sweetest Cards

While I tend to want to focus on the good in the days, I, also want to be authinic to reality.  This particular Mother's day was so very hard for me.  However, it did start out on an amazing note with the best breakfast!
With some of the best kind of treasures from the littles.
From Ezra:
I love the poem that he made that I know he worked so very hard on!
This paper was, also, quite funny (and perhaps a little less accurate in parts).  I suppose he views me as very strong, considering all the weight I lift with one hand compared to his one pound weight.  (He views himself as strong as well in life.)
"My mom is 41 years old.  Her favorite thing to do is go shopping.  She is really good at reading.  Her favorite food is beans.  I make her laugh the most when I fart.  The best thing about my mom is she gives good hugs."
Zoe made up an interesting and kind poem for me.  "MY MOM  My mom is pretty.  My mom is nice.  My mom smells like sugar and spice. My mom is neat.  My mom is kind.  She kind of looks like a porcupine.  My mom is strong.  She doesn't like being wrong.  My mom is fair. Although, she doesn't like the cotton candy there.  My mom likes coffee.  Yes, it's true.  I love my mom, yes I do."
When given a blank book at school, Shiloh used it to make the sweetest book for me.  
"I dedicate this special book to my mom on this Mothers Day!  I love you very much!  Shiloh May 9, 2021.  
I love it when you read a book.
The best thing you cook for me is hot dogs and mac and cheese.  I want to thank you for snuggling with me when I am sad.
I love it when you cook cupcakes!  I love it when you take me to the park.
I love it when you give me candy!
I love you because you are my mom! I love you!!"
Along with a card as well.
They had a photo station set up at church that we snagged a picture at afterwards.
There were a lot of hormones and some tears most of the rest of the day, yet months later in actually writing this I cannot tell you what they were even about.  I can say that I just adore these little children of mine that made me a momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment