Thursday, August 28, 2014

Day 1....it has begun!

How did this day get here?  I've heard other mother's speak of it, yet couldn't grasp it in the depths of my heart....my first born's first day of school.
Zoe was so excited, which helped this momma's nerves.  I allowed her to chose her outfit...which of course meant a poofy sun dress!  Learning to let go more and allowing her to express her style.
Shiloh has been having a bit of a time understanding why she cannot go to school, too.  She went right along with Zoe in attempting to pack herself a lunch and bag.  She does love her sister so and wants to be with her!  It will be an adjustment for her too!  Danielle took this picture while we were leaving when she requested such in seeing me take Zoe's picture.
Daddy included a little note in her lunchbox...
Upon learning of Zoe's teacher's favorite drink and love of coffee...we made sure to attend bearing gifts.  Gotta start the school year off right, right?
She looked so small at such a big school!
We made it just in time (I have a feeling this is going to be a constant struggle).  It was a little rushed in saying goodbye and seemed to go by in a blur. 
And just like that....I had to go, praying that the day would go well!  (I had to smile looking back at this picture.  I have no idea what the board was that she sat next too, but somehow it was a connection with her daddy.)
I had to go to straight to work that day, so my mind and thoughts were pretty busy.  But the next day....when I dropped her off and found the house so different without her there.  Tears. A lot of tears throughout the day.  I had seen the FB status updates about crying when you drop your kids off....but throughout the day, many times?  I just wasn't expecting that.  But I miss my Zoe, and realized that this was an end to a stage in our life. She has been with me everyday that I have been home for over four years now.  Her inquisitive talkative self almost always by my side.  She is such a precious soul that I want to protect.  This momma's hands and heart have to be a bit more open.  Knowing that you will soar little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment