Sunday, February 28, 2016

Rooted Retreat

Its seems like forever since I've been able to get away....as in years, at least without family. Did I mention my favorite thing to do is traveling....my heart language for sure!  Although there were things that I enjoyed from the last women's retreat that I had gone on years ago, I also had a lot of feelings of rejection and insecurity.   So fear was a part of my large hesitance in going this year.  However, I told God....if I'm asked to go....then I would majorly reconsider.  

Then the question came from an unlikely source, a friend who currently lives in Greenville asked about rooming with me, as she wanted to go.  I felt I could trust her with my feelings, and after explaining my hurt heart from the past, she shared how this time could be different and all the wonderful things that could go along with it (and her going).....it sounded wonderful!  So I took Grace up on it and plunged into the idea.  I want to make connections with others so dearly, and in the past there was truly no time for it with work and nursing littles but this is a new season.
It's always more fun to ride there with others....and we joined a couple of people from my new community group.  So there was a lot of getting to know each other.  We stopped by the kiosk on the way out, and Grace was to cute in her excitement for her coffee that I had to snag a picture!
Part of the hilarity of the matter was how much stuff Grace brought....as in most of what is on the cart herself (yes it was just a weekend).  It made me laugh as it its the total opposite of where I am now...trying to pack as little as possible....but awesome as she shared her things with me.  
Not so awesome was finding our room....you wouldn't think that would be to difficult...but we dragged our stuff all around....spilling a box of food (with many glasses items) in the middle of the road.  We didn't even make it to our room....there was some construction workers above where we needed to go and I was nearly missed in being intentional spit at.  The eerie feeling that I shouldn't be going in an abandoned area where these men knew where I was going wouldn't leave me.  So my new friend helped me at the front desk request another room.  It took awhile and I hated being a pain BUT it was such a blessing and the room we ended moving from had horrible paint fumes that gave me a headache later on!  Thank goodness we didn't have to stay there!
We ate like queens!  Grace brought bread that she had made the morning before....and we had fresh backyard eggs and produce with the great view from our balcony!
So thankful for warm sunshine!  I asked to switch small groups in order to get to know my new community group gals.  I truly enjoyed starting our friendships and stretching myself in such a way (yet felt to silly to actually take pictures with them yet...hopefully those will come one day).  So this post...just pictures of the two of us.
Grace and I got to enjoy some time together still with a walk on the beach and some soul dumping.  So therapeutic as we are similar in many ways!
This amazing women also blessed me with an aroma touch that night (had to put to use that massage table she brought) and let me practice one on her as well!  This process is AMAZING and so relaxing with a scientific use of essential oils.
We made a last amazing breakfast before heading home on Sunday.
The theme of the weekend was Rooted together. We got to hear several testimonies of how God has worked and been working in the women of our church.  These are always so humbling and glorifying to the father.
Along with our small group time we were blessed to hear Stacy teach on being rooted in God.  She has such an anointing of the Spirit, and it speaks to my spirit in so many ways.  The theme intertwined so beautifully with the word the Lord gave me for this season of my life, Bloom.  I will be unpacking more of what I learned with my time with the Lord in the days to come!  (There was also these beautiful pieces of artwork displayed that a couple of women from our church did for the weekend.)
I am so beyond thrilled that I answered, "Yes," to going on this retreat!  My heart returns to my loving family so much more full, refreshed and renewed.  Lord take me deeper still!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for writing this Jessica! I love how our Father brought us together 'for such a time as this' blessing both of us immensely! I still laugh out loud thinking about all my stuff on that cart rolling down the hill!! Blessed to know you and call you 'friend' & sister in Christ!! xxx

    ReplyDelete