Sunday, December 31, 2017

Focusing on the Smiles (Dec - part 1)

What a interesting December this has been.  While most of the month has been a struggle God has taught me many things!  There were some other bright points here and there as well!  There were many pictures that I did take from the good times that I broke it into a couple of posts.
The kids all enjoy decorating but this truly is Shiloh's passion!  We don't have a ton of decorations but due to my health it took a couple of days.  Shiloh was right in the mix, though, pretty much putting everything out.
Zoe enjoyed decorating her own little tree from ornaments she has made in the past.
Ezra was obsessed with his snow globe present from the previous year.
Thankful for all the help to add some Christmas cheer around!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was a miraculous break in sickness on a Saturday that I had signed up to decorate gingerbread houses a couple of months prior.
This is no small task, but one the kids look forward too!  I would not have been able to do it without my handsome hubby!
Focused workers...
They were delighted with the results, however, Ezra just could not understand why he couldn't eat his house (although I had a suspicion that that was exactly what was going down as the pieces seemed to be disappearing as time went on).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zoe and her neighbor buddy organized a race - complete with a "jersey", prizes and winning ribbons.
Unfortunately I could not participate, sprained ankle and all (and barley made it there).  However, the rain held off and Beach obliged in the fun!
Shiloh (who is not a fan of competitions) and Ezra (who was feeling pretty crummy) were also not participating.  The "winners"!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another beloved activity was the nativity drive through at a near by church.
They do a fabulous job and it was a fun thing we could do together regardless of who was feeling well!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
God gave me so much grace in another Saturday morning I was able to go to the holistic swap that I was hosting at the roaster.
We had a good little turn out, especially considering the time of the year and all the sickness that has been going around!
I mean!!!!
So much fun goodies from the morning!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Much of the time looked like this....holding this miserable little boy.
One day I managed to capture this smile, which I hadn't seen in a few days (very unlike him).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had our staff over for our Christmas party....which I failed at taking many great pictures.
However, I did manage a couple of some of the awesome white elephant gifts.
We may or may not have scored a couple of gifts for out kids for Christmas through it.
Staff picture full of love!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The kids got to decorate a bit more when visiting my parents house as they saved a little ornaments for them to hang.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zoe's ballet class preformed at a nursing home, in which I managed to only get this one picture.   I had a squirmy little boy in my lap that when I thought I was making a video turns out I had just pressed stop.  Ugggg.  At any rate the residents seemed to enjoy it and we got to give out lots of hugs and love before we left!
It is interesting that many lights and smiles can also hide the many tears from the month...
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment