Monday, December 25, 2017

And Heaven and Nature Sing

All I truly wanted for Christmas was for us all to be well enough to enjoy it!  I would say that I got my gift (for the most part) and was so thankful for our family time!
Christmas Eve was on a Sunday this year and that meant church in the am.  So my family came over that night where we enjoyed playing games and being silly. Although, it seems kind of odd that we were not at church that evening, as that had always been our tradition growing up.
Playing around with some filters make for big smiles!
The Hughes cousins!  After it had gotten pretty late the "I'm hungries" came out so the littlest littles enjoyed having some veggies (my go to solution for late night hungry attacks)! 
I was pretty lame in taking pictures that night but sure did enjoy the company, glad that I at least got a few.
My kids sure do like details....even noting all on Grammies feet!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The big day came and I don't know who was more excited the kids or Beach!  I like to keep things slow (and get a good sleep).  They were pretty thrilled when they saw daddy bringing out their stockings (while I was attempting a picture).
Showing the goods!
Next we made breakfast including a Happy Birthday Breakfast Cake to Jesus.  We didn't have candles this year but sang none the less!
Then it was Daddy's turn for a stocking!  The kids love seeing him open his as much as their own.
Some fun gifts...
including cards Shiloh made for us all that she had been waiting for weeks to give!
I would say they loved their robes!
I loved seeing them give gifts to everyone that the girls had bought from the school store!
Of course Daddy approves of whatever they come up with!
Ezra got his first train set!
I must say I'm glad that we are in a simpler time still where our children are so thankful for basic things like a robe, slippers and umbrella (Zoe can't wait for it to rain now).  I know this will not always be the case so I'm counting my blessings!
Ezra didn't waste anytime requesting for his train to be set up!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Naps are still a must in my world.  This time I had a little sleeping beauty crash with me.  She is old enough now that she usually only naps if she is sick, so this was a treat to have her sweetly by my side remembering how not so longer ago I was taking the same pictures of my newborn baby girl.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then it was off to dinner at my mom's house!
We sure do enjoy having a kids table these days!
Another Hughes cousin attempted picture, bribing of the desert to come and the presents to open.  Shiloh always makes things interesting...
but I did get one decent shot.
My family!
Then it was present time!
Ezra was so excited there was no way of him getting to stay still long enough to get a clear picture...he loved his new PJs!
Zoe's first Shopkins which she came to really treasure!
Aaron molded his new hoodie!
And dad his amazing handmade sign by the Prentiss!
Pillows all around.  These sweet numbers are from my parents house where they had lived (and we grew up) the past 25 years (before moving this year) and were given by her amazing realtor!!!  So thoughtful!
I managed to capture one picture of Beach and I....before we both fell asleep exhausted on the couch.  Beach had been working so hard these past few weeks and my body was just worn out!
But there was so much to be thankful for in such sweet fellowship with the ones I treasure the most!  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment