Monday, May 28, 2018

Lucky 13

Our wedding anniversary snuck up on us in some ways!  I did plan a small in state getaway for us next month (hoping that I would be doing well enough at that time - at least a change of pace would be nice) but it felt to odd to just ignore the actual day, so that meant a date night!  I planned it for the Saturday before but woke up pretty bummed that my body didn't want to participate, and Beach was still fighting a cold.  Saturdays are usually a better day for me, as I get to sleep in.  So frustrated I spent most of the day praying that we would be well enough to go out (granted had we not had reservations I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have tried).
But God was so gracious in that I did feel well enough when the time came and we headed across town to a new restaurant.  Despite the awkward waiter, we had a good time!
After dinner I had a reservation for us to try our first escape room (hence going across town to where it was at).  I wasn't sure what to expect but somehow it was nothing like I thought it would be!  We were with a group of expert gamers (who figured this was their 28th room), and with no instruction ahead of time, it was more of watching them play.  So interesting to say the least but, when and if we try one again, it will be with a group of friends, as that seems the way to go!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since our actual anniversary day, May 28th, fell on a Monday, we wanted to get our kiddos involved a bit.  So cheers to us!
They had some sparkling grape juice, which brought forth some funny reactions!
My little man is always asking for kisses (Ok, this actually goes both ways)!
Shiloh had the hardest time with bubbles (the littles are not use to carbonation)...
but they still loved it!
Then we all snuggled together on the couch and watched our wedding ceremony and reception celebration....
A bitter sweet time remembering back to those days long ago.  Seeing the friends and family that are now with the Lord and feeling that ache of missing them so.  All the while remembering that fun celebration that got this whole thing started.  Thank you Father for your faithfulness, for I know that it is only in your strength that we can hold this all together!

No comments:

Post a Comment