Thursday, July 4, 2019

4th of July

Dad offered to set up "Camp Poppy" (water inflatables) for the 4th of July this year, and the Hughes cousins were pumped about it!
7-year-old love...
While it was very overcast, the rain held out for awhile for some fun play. 
Beach took the canoe out into the pond and gave the littles some rides.
Crazy hair don't care.
Shiloh had created this piece (while I was still in bed that morning) to bring for the day (but it unfortunately got left behind at the house).  I still appreciate her creativeness with it, though. 
During the break midday (and escaping the bit of rain), I found that the kids set up "school" in the bathroom. Don't ask me why, but teacher Shiloh was on duty.
Cook out food was enjoyed by all, apparently so much that I didn't take any pictures.
But I do LOVE sparkler pictures...so there are plenty of those!
Some enjoyed them more than others!

Then it was time to shoot fireworks over the old pond. 
Some had more entertaining reactions than others.
I'm all about snagging in some snuggles when I can!
You can barely tell....but Shiloh fell asleep when daddy was holding her and comforting her from the loud noises.
A wonderful end to a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment