Thursday, August 8, 2019

Shiloh: 1st Grade

A glimpse of Shiloh's work for the year. She had mixed feelings about starting school back up in 1st grade.  This picture is about right....feeling happy and sad.
The traditional "Jitter Juice" to help get all the worries out of school starting.  "Ingredients: yummy, bubbles, fuzzy, sugar, yummy, ice, liquid."
Her first little story of the year was on what we did for Memorial day.  "I went to the park.  There was a zipline there.  Zipline was fun.  The end."
"Grateful for You.  I am Grateful for you mom because you give me hugs and kisses.  I grateful for you mommy because you give me food and you play with me and you snuggle with me. You are the best mom."  Well melt this momma's heart!
"Things you are thankful for: Daddy, Mommy, Friends, My Room, Books, Food, TV, water, IES, and glasses."
(For Thanksgiving) "1. First wake up  2. Have breakfast  3. Watch the Thanksgiving parade  4. Cousins come 5. Drink juice 6. Go to my Grammy's house"
"I will have breakfast and then my cousins will come and we will watch the Thanksgiving parade. We will go outside.  We will play with my cousins...
We will go to my grammy's house and have dinner.  We will have turkey and salad and stuffing and mashed potatoes and lot more things. The end." 
"My favorite food: Salad and hot dogs and macaroni and cake and pizza. Yum, yum, and the end."
"The Good girl and bullies."  About a girl helping a boy that is being bullied.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"All About Me. By Shiloh
I like pizza. I like nature.
My favorite color is pink and purple and yellow.  My favorite candy is chocolate.
My favorite toy is baseball.  My favorite snack is popcorn."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The Cat by Shiloh Loveland
I had a cat. My name is Saley and the cat was hairy.  It started to rain. The cat didn't like the rain.  So he said to the rain, 'Stop raining', but...
It did not stop. So he did it again and again and so he did it all day.  Finally, the rain stopped.  The cat was happy.
The end."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Love this Christmas scene.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The sweet little book Shiloh's teacher made for her.
"I am good at ballet. I need help with better listener. In first grade, I want to learn how to be loving."
"My favorite part of the day is art. My least favorite part of the day is lunch. What can I improve on: social studies."
"My 1st Grade Favorites - Subject: Art; Color: pink; Hobby: basketball; Food: hot dog; Place: HiWire.  My best thing about 1st Grade was: making friends. My best friends this year: Ava D and Everybody. My advice to next year's 1st Graders: Wow you will have a good time."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of my favorite pieces of work that I know Shiloh put a lot into.  When asked to write about their favorite body part, Shiloh chose her heart!  "My Lovely Heart by Shiloh.  Your heart helps you be kind and loving to others.  How does your heart help you be loving?  I believe the best part of me is my heart!  My heart helps me love on others like friends, family and most important love bullies.  Also my heart shows love.  Lastly my heart is my favorite part of my because it moves my blood around and keeps me alive.  As you can see that's why I believe my heart is the best part of me.  Thank you!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Words to describe me: funny, loving, happy, frilly"  
"The first time I tried jitter juice. It was good."
"My teacher's name is Ward.  One thing I'll never forget about my teacher is she is the best!  My teacher made me smile when she made a funny face."
"1st Grade Faves: Food, Hot dog; Animal, dog; color, pink; Special area, art; Subject, science ; Book, If you Give a Mouse a Muffin; TV Show, Wing; Recesses activity, reading."       
"Favorite Recess activity: Ava D playing with me!"
A time you were kind to others: Bentley hurt his toe and I helped him."
"I learned to grow as a good reader!  I learned to be a good artist. I learned to love music!" 
"A goal you still have for yourself: Remembering punctuation!" 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"1. Planet Earth has one moon. 2. The moon is about 4.5 billion years old and is Earth's own natural satellite.  3. It is our closest neighbor in space. 5. The moon has craters." 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Somebody was being mean and I made a good choice and I said something nice."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Superhero family!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While I know I am biased, I feel Shiloh has always been a great artist.  Some of her take home work from art class.
Prints!
(Very) Abstract piece.
Melted snowman.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of my favorite pictures that she did at home and hung on our refrigerator for a long time! "I am different and I love my life" So happy that she feels this way about herself. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My sweet amazing Shiloh!
You continue to grow and amaze me constantly!  What a great 1st grade year!

No comments:

Post a Comment