Thursday, December 16, 2021

December - Chasing the Fun (Part 1)

Bring out the lights!  Shiloh has been feening to get to the Christmas decorating, her love language. 
Zoe, on the other hand, I had to beg to help and she did not want her picture taken.
And made sure I knew it....
but I got one decent one.
She wanted to take one of me as well.  So despite the lack of make-up, I allowed it to be a good example.
Shiloh's turn to add the tree topper...
done!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later in the day from our Run Hard Race morning, Shiloh had a skating party for one of her dear friends.  This was her first time at a skating rink, and, although timid at first, became more confident as time went on.
Pizza...
The rink has a very "old school" feel to it and they were, in fact, closing the following week to remodel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Found Zoe had been enjoying my phone again.
Zoe cartooning herself and brother!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of our Christmas traditions was back in full force this year...
The drive through Nativity Scene at Union.
They always put so much work in recreating Christ birth.
Thankful to be back! "Unto us a Son is given."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our annual picture with Santa at the chiropractor's office.
I clearly put a lot of thought in their outfits....and literally made Ezra turn his Run Hard shirt inside out in the car, so that would not be the focal point of the picture.
They waited in line for quite some time, at least patiently, to get their face painted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had a drop in at my friend's business...
Beach had a meeting, so the kids were with me.  I wasn't sure what to expect and was so pleasantly surprised to see they had things especially for the kids, including decorating aprons and gingerbread houses.  Turned out to be a fun night for them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sporting our new Loveland beanies...I am not a fan of the cold weather, but thankful for hats!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We got the most thoughtful Christmas gifts from our manager, I had to catch Beach's reaction.
Travis loved his gift as well!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well...it had been months but finally had a date night!
Tried out Griffins Steakhouse in Lexington.  Steaks and smiles all around!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spirit week, and Zoe was all ready!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got this double sweater from the Buy Nothing FB group. Despite Zoe not being in a great mood, she still wanted to try it on.
Can you tell she loved it.  Shiloh, on the other hand, had a blast taking it to school (sorry teacher).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey mom let me give you a massage!" with his race car on my back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Long past due, night out with friends....
Burger cheers for Chris' birthday!  Mind you this was after we already had gone out to dinner, somehow the boys needed another meal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Needed a short walk on a day when an attitude adjustment was needed...
even if PJs were still involved.
Continuation of the December fun found in Part 2....

No comments:

Post a Comment