Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Vegas (Day 2) - Grand Canyon

 The main reason for going to Vegas....visiting the Grand Canyon!  This was our top priority, by far!  Our GoCity Pass included a full day chartered bus ride and tour.  The only negative, really, was having to be at the bus stop so early, 5:15 am to be exact.  However, do to the time change and the excitement of the day, it wasn't to bad, as opposed to waking up "our time" back in SC.
When the bus was really late and the company not answering phone calls, I did start to get nervous. I doubled checked that I had all the info correct!  However, with many other people waiting around, I knew we were in the same situation.
However, all was well when they finally rolled up at 6am and we were able to cozy into our spots.  It was a gorgeous sunrise as we traveled for our first sights out of town.  

Our tour guide was quite enjoyable, as he explained things along the way, and the views were amazing. 
It was interesting to find a windmill farm.
We stopped at an antique store along the infamous Route 66.
They had the vehicles from the Cars movie, which made for a surprising emusing stop!
Our guide had us do a photo trick with my phone, doubled the trouble!
We ended up having a stop for lunch. 
 I didn't know ahead of time that this was going to be the case, which would have been helpful for our party (and so Chris didn't have to pack a backpack full of jerky so he wouldn't starve and die).  Then it was on to the main event!!!

I'm pretty sure I was the first one to get there, right next to our guide who kept exclaiming, "Welcome to the Grand Canyon!!!"
It was such a gorgeous day and truly breathtaking! 
We were so excited I just wanted to do some tricks!
Beach enjoys how awkward I can be in public.
Thankful for friends who are up for adventure!
We took a walk for a bit that had many look out points!
There was even snow!
Our guide was kind to show us the great photo spots, and was willing to lay on the ground even to capture the right angles.
He was the best!
I mean, such amazing beauty!
We hopped on the bus to get to another spot, where we were excited to find some snow.
While we did not have a ton of time, Beach was willing to go on a walk down into they canyon some.
We found a cool archway on the trail.
However, we discovered that after walking a little while, much of the trail was covered in ice.  I have no experience in walking on ice, especially along hiking trails.  So after busting it, falling on my booty close to a clif, and having some hikers pass by out of breath from coming up the canyon, we decided to turn around.  I admit I was a bit shaken up, as I realized how dangerous it could have been.  I was thankful that Lauren was not with us, as I think I would have given her a heart attack.
The bus ride back was relaxing and Lauren was able to work on some fun photoshopping!
Apparently mine was somewhat believable, as someone messaged me about my safety 😅.
Reality...
It was a late dinner, where I just embraced my hat hair. We gobbled down some mexican food from a restaurant in our hotel before heading to bed with full hearts of this amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment