Saturday, June 4, 2022

Carnival Craziness

"I am going to have a circus!" declared Shiloh.  Which got my mind and emotions spinning.  I knew she was totally sincere and would do what was needed to make it happen.  I, however, was worn down from all the event planning, birthdays, and household emotions. Her exclamation immediately rose my anxiety level.  I know the Lord wired Shiloh so differently then myself, and it seems like the things that bring her the most joy are the things that cause me the most stress.  I love them about her, though, and want to help foster such gifts of hers.
The concept did evolve over some time, to end up being the morning after school got out.  Shiloh created her own invitations and handed them out at school. She later informed me that she had told others not to RSVP, so I didn't really know how many, if any, were coming.  However, we ended up having a good little group!
 There were many activities that Shiloh directed and much free time as well. 
She emceed a time for performance, that included many karaoke acts, some gymnastics...
and Zoe's trapeze act.
It warmed my heart to get to see the joys of simple childhood through this process and kids supporting one another.
Things I didn't take a picture of due to me either stressing in the beginning or enjoying talking to the other parents: decorations, more stations being enjoyed by friends and Shiloh herself (which is the part that does make me sad, as she was in her element). 
Coffee sake racing is not as easy as some would make it look 😂
Thankful for time to finally slow down with friends and family.
After all had left and everything was cleaned up, I enjoyed some hammock time with my bud.  This whole process lead to a lot of self reflection for me.  Why do I get so overly anxious about thing that I can rationalize in my head are not a big deal, yet my body seems to freak out over?  How do issues in childhood seem to still bleed into my actions as an adult? How do I not impose my own issues onto my kids or let them interfere with their gifts?  Knowing that there is peace and joy always at the end of the events, gives me hope that these feelings can be worked through, as I continually seek to grow and reach out to my Lord for help.
Man we are a mess of humanity.  But He is not done with me yet, thank the Lord!  Happy carnival day my amazing Shiloh!

No comments:

Post a Comment