Thursday, July 27, 2023

St. Augustine Tour (Vaca Day 5 - Part 2)

So much to fit in one post (see start of the day here) - from all the business of the morning! 
Moving on, we stopped for a picture at the old city gates.
~~~~~~~~~~
Then we ventured around downtown (and picked up a free hand rolled cigar as part of our pass).
The Oldest Wooden Schoolhouse was one of my few childhood memories of this town when my grandparents took me here to visit around 34 years ago.  It was a special moment to remember then for me.
The teacher ringing the school bell.
There were a few other fun things to see and do while there 😜
~~~~~~~~~~
I had found a coupon of Resturants.com for everybody for the ice cream shop that was just a few steps away.
They even had a dairy free type that Beach was able to have! The "I don't really want a picture right now and just want to eat it," face!
A nice treat for us all and I think the rest of the family enjoyed the break!
~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not so much of a break kind of person when I know there is more fun on the way!  We headed to the next stop of a Colonial Quarter Experience Tour.
Lookout tower with the kids!
My tall girl!
This was another great stop with an actor explaining all the history. 
It truly is very entertaining and I learned so much!
Trying on the hat!
There was a blacksmith demonstration....
And Lydia got to help stoke the fire.
They even shot off a cannon.
A truly amazing stop!
~~~~~~~~~~
While waiting for the trolly to take us to the next stop, I ran to pick up a coffee!
~~~~~~~~~~
Group shot with a beautiful background.
Visiting an amazing old home of the Villa Zorayda Museum that had individual things we could listen to at our own pace.
This was nice, as we could spread out a bit and we had the place mostly to ourselves.
It may not have been the kids favorite but they were good sports about it!
~~~~~~~~~~
Back on the trolly to scout out the next stop.  
We were nearing the end of the time things would be open and so were were a little more selective...
The streets are so beautiful!
~~~~~~~~~~
We ended up at the Oldest House Museum Complex....
It, also, had a nice garden with this gorgeous beauty!
This crew hung in with my hard core plan and we were able to see most of the sites on the list!
~~~~~~~~~~
The trolly took us on a scenic drive back to our car....
and we spotted some peacocks along the way!
I can't get enough of these trees!
~~~~~~~~~~
Seeing that it was an all inclusive day, we had booked a sunset tour to finish the evening out.  Our first choice at dinner ended up being more crowded than expected.  So we opted for tacos. While there, we heard the sad news that they canceled the boat ride due to weather (which was discouraging as it didn't look that threatening at the time but they let us chose another thing for another day).
The kids were not too disappointed, though, I think I wore them out 😜!

~~~~~~~~~~
Back at home later that night, the big boys were worn out too, both falling asleep on the couch while the rest of the adults played a game.  It was an amazing packed filled day and I think my family even still likes me 😏!

No comments:

Post a Comment