Saturday, August 11, 2018

MI Trip

It had been awhile since Beach had been back to his home state of Michigan to visit his family.  While I would have liked to go with him, this time he was flying solo.  I found a great deal on a ticket out of Augusta and thought, "That's not to far way.  It will be worth it and a little bit of an adventure." (As a side note, this was not my same feeling after making the drive twice in one week, once at midnight.  Live and learn, eh?) So one early morning we all headed out to take daddy to the airport in Augusta and got to see the sun rise together.
Sad to see Beach go, but glad for him for his much needed family time to come.
Last bit of hugs until we see him for a few days.
Since we did leave so early, the kiddos still had on their PJs and all!  I was hoping that we could watch some plains take off while we were there, as I know they would have loved seeing such.  But it was definitely not set up for such.  Also, it smelled so horrible from the near by factories, it was amazing that I could even get them to smile.  I did attempt to break up the ride a bit by going to a swamp walk I saw near by, but the strong smell and my flip flop breaking as soon as I attempted to get out of the van was a sign that we just needed to head home.
I loved seeing theses pictures of Beach and his grandma that he sent.
She is a special lady and in her 90's...a big motivation for Beach to make this trip to make sure he got in another hug and kiss!
Beach got to see his brother Lee, which was a real treat as he lives on the other side of the state and stays very busy.
Together with Glen they got to go to a museum and got a behind the scenes tour.
And even got to get in this bread mobile that had a very special place in Glen's heart.
Lunch with grandma!
Some pictures with his mom and other brother, Donald!
While Beach is not into taking pictures as much as I am, I'm glad he did get to capture some memories.  (He did miss some pictures of other beloved family members but thankful he got to seem them.)  So glad Beach could make the trip and then to come home to me safe and sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment