Tuesday, May 28, 2019

14 with my BFF

When life gets so busy Beach and I love to get away and reconnect.  Our anniversary gives us an easy excuse to do just that!  This year it was a simple overnight in the mountains.  But first, coffee...
Our kiosk is closed on Sundays (when we left) so we ran in to make our drinks to go and to taste test a new drink we are considering offering.
Then we headed up to the Henderson area but made a few stops along the way.
We hit up Pearson's Falls for a nice easy walk to the waterfall.  It a HOT day so the breeze from the water was perfect!
Taking breaks to enjoy the view...
Beach has picked up his camera again and working on sharpening his skills. I'm thankful that he has a little margin now to do so.
Then, on recommendations from a friend, we checked out Black Mountain.  We enjoyed a late lunch, including the roasted beat salad that I managed to gobble up without any issue.
It is a short hop to Hendersonville, where they were having a little festival that day.
We stopped in some shops and places to escape the heat from time to time.
A local brewery in the area for a cold drink...
and then off to a local BBQ joint.  Their award winning sauces drew us there.  I confess I'm not a huge BBQ fan, however, this stuff was amazing.  I forced myself to take some of it to go, so I wouldn't be miserable later.
I enjoy trying many different things, and a flight is a simple way to do so.  Sharing one with my love also enables me to get to stick with the ones I find I like best.
That night we stayed at an AirB&B in Zirconia that was right between two campgrounds.  The air, so much cooler there do to the higher elevation, beckoned for a walk before the sun went down.
We decided to explore more the following morning as well...
Coffee houses are always on our radar, as we so enjoy seeing what others come up with, as well as what we like and don't like for our future.  Appalachian Coffee also served food, so we ate lunch there and had a business meeting...
With coffee for desert. I enjoy trying things that are not in my normal radar.
We headed near by to a fun local spot with great views...
The Love often goes wherever we do.
We explored a couple of the small trails around, finding some fun photos.  Beach noted that most of the trails were covered in poison ivy, which I am highly allergic too. This led me to praying the whole time that we wouldn't get any on our skin. Thankfully no issues!
Beach found a throne in the middle of the trail.
So thankful to be here with my love!
Then we headed back to Hendersonville to check out some antique stores and
grab some more coffee before heading home.
 (Some quick awkward shots with the bears, too.)

We live in such a beautiful state and I enjoyed poking around at a few new highlights with by forever boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment