Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mother's Day Celebrations!

There were many fun (and interesting) ways to celebrate Mother's Day.
The girls wanted me to go to their Muffins for Moms at school (with my health issues I have never been able to make it before).  I do find it somewhat comical in how it is supposed to be for "moms" but having to make sure I'm up and ready earlier, to wait in line for a muffin I can't eat, trying to appease one of my children who is having a hard time for not getting the muffin that they wanted, and having them eat food that I rather they not...is not something that I would chose to be celebrated.  However, that is part of what being a mom is about, though, right.  Loving on your littles despite your own feelings.
I'm so bad at trying to take pictures when they have food in their mouths!
The girls, also, insisted that we all wear matching shirts.  (I also don't love bringing attention to myself - which this definitely did).  I so do love, though, that the girls were so very excited to have their mommy there with them! 
It was so adorable, afterwords, when Shiloh shared a project that she had been working so hard on that was hanging in the hallway.
She did an amazing job and I'm so proud of her self-proclaimed favorite feature....her heart!
Thankfully I was able to get a nap with little man later that day, as we both needed it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One thing that I do greatly enjoy is our tradition of getting together with my sisters to celebrate and spend time with our own mom!  Lauren hosted us this year in her beautiful home and it was so nice in how she set it up in her sun room.
There is always a lot of laughing....
and awkward photos....including this one where we look like we are trapping mom...
and fun reactions when the dog is somehow grabbing one's behind.  Can you guess who's?
Always yummy food to be shared!
Each year we enjoy working on a different craft project together.
This year it was making wreaths.
More fun photos...
Because this is the only time I tend to ever craft....I'm not the best at confidence in my work and it is always a struggle for my perfectionist self.
I sure do love this momma of mine!
All the wreaths turned out really well!
 Danielle had an interesting idea of a way to display our wreaths.
But this is my favorite! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mother's Day itself was pretty low key.  Shiloh decorated the dinning room table with all things possible the night before (including pictures she found around the house, plants and her stuffed animals).  So while the table looked full it was mostly her funny decorating ideas.  We did have a great breakfast and Beach even busted out the fine china.  I did get some adorable cards, a lemon tree  (praying I can keep it alive) and some fun dollar store finds from the kids.
 Later I got a special hairdo at Shilohs' salon shop, complete with many hair bows and mini crown.
While donning my new scarf (awesome dollar find kids), we had dinner at my parents.  While they didn't want to take this picture, it sure did turn out funny.  (Zoe looks like an an attachment from my body.)
One more somewhat awkward try.
The best of them all...
My favorite job in the whole world - one that I will always treasure!  Lord, help me not to take all these special moments for granted!

1 comment: