Thursday, May 30, 2019

Charleston Filed Trip

I had the oh so sweet opportunity to go on an amazing field trip with my Zoe girl.  The 3rd graders at her school were taking a massive day trip down to Charleston. The Lord truly worked out the details and it was important that I be there for her for many reasons!
We started oh so very early at dark thirty, which Zoe thought was pretty fun, and watch the sun come up on the bus ride down.  
A quick class picture before heading into the first stop, the aquarium. 
I got Zoe's "twin" in my chaperone group.
First up the touch tank for the sting rays...
Which I thought was pretty awesome how friendly they are!
The aquarium sits right on the water and has amazing views! 
The actual fish tanks the girls passed through really quickly (I later understood Zoe really had a hard time seeing anything in them)... 
but we found some more things that we could get up close views on. 
Owls are Zoe's current favorite. 
Another fun touch tank...
and random things that really had their attention for quite some time.
Of course, I like to take pictures of my love whenever I can!
While I could have stayed and watched the fish for quite some time, my busy bees would only stop briefly.
The amazing loggerhead sea turtle was my favorite!
We headed to the battery next to do some exploring...
They loved that there were things that they could actually climb on.
Mrs. Chapman taught some of the littles a fun little hopping game.
After enjoying our picnic lunch we waited our turn (and attempted to stay cool) for our boat ride to Fort Sumter.
Zoe got to also be around some more of her friends, including one of her good friends, Denver.
There were actually many challenges about the boat ride for Zoe, but a fun surprise was the wind blow look.
The ride affected her equilibrium, and I had to greatly help her in walking (and even holding her up) to the fort.  However, I made her stop for this picture in front of it.
Zoe and her buddies thought it was fun to explore the small beach area that the fort was built on.
With hermit crabs and animal prints to find, they didn't mind the sand in their shoes or the hot sun beating down.
We had a pretty quiet bus ride home. Honestly, my momma heart was struggling, realizing all the great challenges she truly faced with her vision, that both she and I are starting to understand more about. Then a late dinner at my mom's and this little 3rd grader was way worn out from our amazing long day. She absolutely loved the trip, and I felt so fortunate to be able to send this special time with her and be there for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment