Friday, May 31, 2019

Filed Day Hoops

Field Day at the girl's school can be an adventure.  Since the previous day was so full with Zoe's field trip to Charleston, I was worried that my body wouldn't be able to keep up, as it had been struggling.  However, God was gracious in enabling me to make it through the (very) hot morning.    
I was on "Ring the teacher" duty.  This is no small task in having to explain to each class in the whole school how such works, in a loud voice (not my strength), so as to be heard over the DJ.  It was fun to be able to see my littles and nieces come through.
  
I got to steal away briefly to find Zoe and give her a squeeze. 
I didn't realize how much it was needed, as she was not quite sure where I was that day.
While Zoe was very disappointed that I could not stay with her the entire time, I did cheer on (and join in a couple of rounds) Tug-A-War. 
Then it was back to my station for more ring time! 
Let's be honest though, the kids just really wanted free time with the hops to play! 
Zoe's favorite....making a train!
While it really was a hot one, it was a joy to be able to serve and join in the fun with all these precious kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment