Friday, February 7, 2020

Clearwater Beach (Florida - Stop 3)

After visiting my Brandon Fam, we planned on spending the night at the beach.
The girls made themselves at home as we checked in.
We quickly, and somewhat awkwardly, dropped our things off and then headed to the beach for a walk before dinner.
It was quite chilly with the wind blowing, but I was determined to make it happen and just challenged the kids to run to the peer to keep warm.
Several birds flew very close to our heads, creating more girly squeals from my crew, and me taking out my phone to attempt to capture the moment.
My little loves on such a beautiful night.
Zoe took a photo for us!
Sweet girls!
And handsome boys!  Little man blowing me a kiss..
and a smile.
If I take more pictures can I stay here longer? (Also, I know that my sunglasses are ridiculous.....ordered them online and just going to make it work).
So there were a couple of restaurants right on the beach, but they all had a long wait.  With kids this can be not so pleasant, to wait and take a chance that they may or may not be able to find something they like.
So we opted for the easy way out and got them their first Happy Meals ever!
Cute little guy with cute fries.  So....the menu was supper confusing to Beach and I and they had no salads or healthy options (so opted to get something at the hotel later).  Zoe concluded that their burgers were gross, yep!
BUTTTTT the view from out of the window.  I knew that it was a spectacular sunset when I saw the staff of the restaurants actually coming out to take photos.
Porch view!
Attempted selfies...
We finished up and quickly headed to the beach for just a few more unfiltered shots and taking in this moment.
Beach was behind and took a picture of us taking a picture.
While it was not light enough to focus, Shiloh wanted me to include this flower she found.
And then it was off to bed!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day we filled up on breakfast with all the college softball teams that also seemed to be at the hotel (must have been some kind of tournament).
And then I begged to get away for a short solo walk on the beach to finish my coffee.
I found some pretty shells....
and then came across an area that had some amazing things that were washed up from the storm the night before.
I was quick to call the family to come meet me and see this extraordinary occurrence. 
They enjoyed checking out the items as well!
We attempted to send the star fish back to sea.
We then headed back to the hotel, and the kids relaxed a bit before we packed up and headed out.
We drove along the cost, heading to the next destination, and had to drive by the condo on the beach where my Grammy and Poppy lived all the years ago.  Looks just the same!
Another fantastic stop filled with such beauty from the Lord's creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment