Monday, June 5, 2023

Mother's Day Mix

 Mother's day is not for the faint at heart.  For different reasons I have had emotional struggles on this day in the past.  I think what it boils down to is unmet expectations and me being hard on myself.  There was some of this this year as well.  Parenting teen/tween girls with all the hormones (along with mine all over the place thrown in there as well) is just so hard. I am so thankful to get to be a momma, but the heaviness of it seems to weigh even more on this day.  As they get older and want more privacy in what I share (which is understandable),  there has to be filter then, as we navigate this newer season.  
However, there were some sweet moments.
I enjoyed some hammock time after church with my littles while Beach made an amazing brunch.

Beach is, by far, the best cook in the house. He made french toast with sourdough bread (topped with blackberries Zoe forged), bacon, and some amazing egg creation that was incredible.
The kids made some sweet cards and gifts for me that brought a smile after many tears.
Shiloh, also, made this whole thing with items she found around the house and molded.
The day got more brighter after some baby snuggles while getting to see my mom and sister for dinner.  Thankful that we got to be together for a bit.
Jokes with my mom as she starts using her arm again!
Josiah continues to be so adorable and helps to bring all the dopamine hits!  Lauren is a great momma and glad she is part of the club now!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had our annual mother-daughter Mother's Day get together on a separate night.  This time we had the new little guy join us as well.
Charcuterie and veggies on the menu!
We all so enjoy the time to get together in simplicity to celebrate our momma!
Lauren is, also, rocking this new momma thing herself!
Of course we all want baby Josiah holding time though!
Since mom's shoulder/arm is still not at 100%, we decided to play a game this year instead of attempting a craft.
Ignore the slightly creepy face I'm making here and enjoy Josiah's cute one!
It was close to his bed time and his momma explained that when he yawned it was time to go to bed.
A fun night of laughter and joy.  We love you so much mom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment