Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Sparse January

Something always feels so fresh about a new year.
We had all been looking forward to going to Florida for a long weekend to watch my cousin get married.  I took a ton of photos for that, but it looks like the rest of the month was pretty sparse (record for the shortest monthly blog in 13 plus years right here).  Much of that had to do with a lot of sickness around our house AGAIN. 
In happier news, Shiloh started basketball, her favorite sport.  Thankful I was able to squeeze in the last spot on a local rec team.  
It has been a couple of years since she has played.  I call her my gentle giant, as she is so much taller than everyone in the group, this can make it more intimidating to her, as she didn't want to hurt anyone.  
However, she did learn more of a balance after a game or two.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When you work out in a sauna, you leave an imprint when doing wall squats.  Don't worry, it drys quickly when it is 130 degrees in there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There was a brief break in my sickness that I could visit my sister, who had to be hospitalized because of her UC flair.  It was during one of her better times and a joy to see her!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then there are the random selfies that I always seem to find on my phone.  I will miss this when it is no longer the case!
Ezra somehow made this one, and looks so old to me.
Here is to a healthier month next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment