Saturday, January 13, 2024

Michelle's FL Wedding (Part 2 - The main event)

My family was all excited to get to see my cousin, Michelle, get married in her home state of Florida. It may be the last family wedding until the next generations turn and it was highly anticipated!  We were all ready and out of the house in time.  
Selfie in the back of the mini van with my gorgeous Zoe.
Family selfie in front of the church.  (We were all so sad that Lauren and her family could not be there because of her health flair up.)
Cousin photo.  
Sister and....
One with my uncle, who just happened to have a red nose in his pocket ready for use!
The wedding was in a beautiful church but we were asked not to take any pictures during the ceremony.
Photo bombed...
I may have snuck just one (without flash).  It is interesting how thoughts around weddings change.  Now that I am older and my kids are getting older, my thoughts turn to them getting married in the future and how that would feel (like my aunt's perspective).
Then it was off to a swanky hotel near by for the reception.  It was all so very beautiful!  
There was a cocktail hour prior to, in a beautiful courtyard that we snagged some more pictures while we waited and visited with family.
My date for life.
Our little man!
How he was feeling about it being cold outside...
Moving into the main ballroom...it was fully decked out and gorgeous! 
Handmade cookies!
My aunt, the mother of the bride, is truly the best host you will ever find and had individual fun bags for each of the kids.  It was so thoughtful!
Ezra got a mini fire extinguisher (the groom is a fireman).  He loved the idea!
Apparently my shoes were a a lot taller!
Joke selfie with the celeb...
Cake time.
So much dancing to be done and I was surprised how much my girls were into it!  It was a joy to see them all having so much fun!  I mostly took videos of the actions.
Even mom and dad enjoyed some dancing.
Snagged a selfie with the beautiful bride and her kind soul.
Cute photo!
The girls were all excited to talk to Michelle.
The happy couple.
Props were found...
So the one that did not appreciate all the loud music had a hard time with the volume level.
I took him out, though, for a noise break.
The girls found a window to dance in front of.
Then they were set off for the night with sparklers....
For a gorgeous finish!
Shiloh took my aunt up on the offer to bring home some of the decor and immediately set them up in her room at the AirB&B.  Fun to bring a bit of the wedding joy home with us.
Such a fun special day that we will all treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment