Friday, November 8, 2013

Mom, can you pray and ask Jesus to help you?

Recently there has been a bad combination at our house of a mix between this big momma's hormones and her passionate three-year-olds recent tantrums.  A battle of the strong wills for sure.  It can happen so fast, the switch of emotion in us both and, at times, catches me off guard.  There are a lot of tears and anger, at her, at myself, at the situation we are in. How difficult it is, looking at that little mirror of mine and how it reveals my sinful heart.
I try to give her a lot of freedom, but also give clear boundaries that she so desperately needs.  Lately I have started asking her, in the middle of a struggle that she still will not back down from, if she wants me to pray for Jesus to help her (and I also pray for me!).  She always does.  And He always does.  

She continues to hate for me to be upset and when she is over something (again with just a switch), she is able to quickly move on.  I cannot say the same for myself.  I don't want to pretend that I'm happy afterwards, especially after she has been very defiant.  She will continue to ask if I'm happy and talk about how she wants me to be and how she is now listening (She has been obsessed with my happiness for at least a year now).  Having this question repeatedly thrown at me and repeatedly explained is, also, not so fun.  The other day, after a pretty rough battle, which included me tearing up in public, she asked me to pray for God to help me to be happy.  This often leads to me crying more, holding on to her and doing just that. 
So if you see us and Zoe is sporting a sundress this cold fall (she hates jeans or tight clothing on her legs - dressing for her is a HUGE issue) or Shiloh seems particularly cranky from the lack of sleep she had due to her sister's screams, know that it has been one of those days. And we need your prayers.

Lord, I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You're the One that guides my heart

Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You

2 comments:

  1. Oh those eyes......said so well. Thank you for the reminder to pray for each other and to remember that God is our source.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me cry- LOVE YOU BOTH and praying for you! Thank you again for your transparency.
    Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete