Sunday, March 18, 2018

Woman's Retreat

Women's Retreat....the word brings such mixed signals to my heart.  There has been some pain associated with past ones.  One time I was supposed to go but felt that the Lord wanted me to back out in the last minute (totally against my character), to find that I had a miscarriage that weekend.  Another time, when I was deep in admit of baby life and still pumping, I put myself out there and really had a hard time connecting, which resulted in a tearful ride home.  BUT I also know that the retreat can be so good and refreshing!
A couple of years ago Grace, an out of town friend, reached out to me asking about rooming together.    I shared my hesitations and, while she validated those, she also spoke wonderful things right up my ally about how this would be different.  I took her up on it and it was a wonderful trip.  Two years later, same beach, same hotel and I thought I would go for it again.  This time my hesitation was my own body.  It honestly was not doing well, and I just didn't know if it would be able to keep up!  Images of the beach in my mind convinced me that the Lord had this and I would step out and let him take it!
Take it, He did and it was so glorious!  The weather was decent (unlike the 40s that it would be later on that week there), the glorious sun and sand and beautiful soles to connect with.  
We were glad to be able to get a walk on the beach before we got started the first night.  This is my happy place!
My favorite teacher of all time, Stacy Hill, was leading the sessions and my dear friend Megan Pifer leading us in worship (so really how could this go wrong).  The theme of this year was SOLID.  As always by these ladies (well the HS moving through them), I was so touched by the power of his presence and  his Word!  It always takes me awhile to "unpack" it all, and I know I would need to be doing that in the weeks to follow!
Thankfully we have a lot of down time in the afternoon on Saturday, so I was able to get my nap in.  Spent some time with Jesus and then had to get back on the beach again!  I knew that unless I was intentional that I wouldn't get to see my sister, despite us both being there.  It worked out that we had a great walk together and were actually able to talk, a rarity to be kid free!
Our former small group gals, who I honestly wished I would have gotten to spend more time with, but we snagged this picture before heading out.  Such amazing heartbeats of the Lord!
I'm so thankful for this precious gift and want to remember this Ebenezer!  When I got home Beach and the kids had all had a great time together, thankfully.  I gave them huge hugs, listen to stories and then had to catch a nap, resting in Him more and more!
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment