Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Schools In

I had a lot of mixed feelings regarding our changes with a new school year!  On one hand I love the structure it creates and this new freedom to help Beach out more with the business.  On the other hand it is hard for me to see my babies growing and not have them by my side (more about that here).  One thing that eased this momma's heart was the teachers that they got this year!
 Shiloh got the same teacher and assistant that Zoe had in Kindergarten.  They are both excellent and we were so happy that we get to continue in our journey with them!  Shiloh ended up wanting to wear her wedding flower girl dress to ordination, so that was subtle.
 Zoe got a first year teacher that was full of positive energy!  She actually student taught with our kindergarten teacher the year before and had high praises from her!  Zoe was pretty nervous about not knowing her teacher and not having any of her good friends in her class, but once she met her and found her space, that all seemed to melt away!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 The day before school started I wanted to do something that the kids would really enjoy and remember for our last day all all together.
 The littles voted to go to the lake.  Since I had been putting it off all summer, I decided today had to be the day!  After they packed some lunches and we got everything ready for the following day, we headed out to that warm sunshine and refreshing water.
While there were a few dead fish around, it was relatively surprisingly clean.  I think they must of worked hard to clean up from the masses that were there the day before for the eclipse.
As I sat with my toes in the water I found it really relaxing, so much so that it was hard to stay awake!  It is so shallow for so far out that it really gave them some freedom to explore and me not to worry as much with having three to look after.
  We did take a little break for lunch.
Then it was back at it in the water for a couple of hours where they practiced "going under water".
It was a beautiful day and I somewhat kicked myself for not doing this sooner and enjoying the beauty that is less than 10 minutes from our house more often.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That night we cashed in more library rewards and had a family dinner date.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day the girls were up and at em early to get all ready.  Looking pretty cute, too, if I do say so myself!
 These girls sure do love each other and are excited to be at the same school this year!
Ezra realized we were taking pictures and wanted in on it...this didn't turn out so well and this is was the best we could get!  Ha!
Shiloh went in like a pro and, after unloading her book bag, sat down and got to work.  She seemed pretty ready to get started!
End result of her first drawing at school.
I just wish I got a picture with the teacher's assistant as well!
 Mrs. Roberts sent me this picture during the day, noting she was doing great!
  Zoe also transitioned well.  Her teacher sent this sweet picture with her "jitter juice" and lucky charms (because they are so lucky to have each other).  Zoe told me she only ate five pieces and didn't really like it.  That's my girl!
 SO very thankful that we had a great start to this school year.  Even momma didn't really cry!  Praying hard for my girls that are learning to soar even more this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment