Thursday, November 28, 2019

All the Thanksgiving

A day set aside for good food, family, and focus on being thankful, and it is no wonder why this is Beach's favorite holiday!  The last few years we have enjoyed starting off with brunch and Beach busting out his amazing recipe for Gluten Free Waffles.  He had a little helper from time to time.
Speaking of Beach cooking, I had to include this picture from the previous night.  Beach had worked so hard to make a cheesecake and he was very concerned it wouldn't turn out just right.  He takes his work (and desserts) very seriously.
We were thankfully able to have the Russells over as well.  Cheers to cousins!
May be a lit bit of a blurry selfie but full of love and fun just the same.
Bourbon aged bean coffee cold press included.
The kids enjoyed decorating Christmas ornaments.
Then it was time to prepare for the next round of fun.  My little helpers love to assist with Thanksgiving Rolls (I gather what everyone is thankful for, type them out, wrap them up and then stick them inside crescent rolls).
Then it was off to my parents, appetizing with a cheese board.  This picture cracks me up because I included Aaron in it on purpose. 
Then he included himself.
Littles appetizing it up!
It was a fabulous day for some pictures. The Russells are beyond pros at it and make it easy to capture their adorableness.
My kids will make you WORK HARD for a good picture....luckily Aaron is really good.
A sweet picture with my main love!
My parents have such a beautiful backyard.  One of the kids took this picture and I wanted to persevere the calmness here.
Pictures with the Grands and leaf throwing was in order!
I had to include several for they are so fun!
Ezra really got into it, especially attempting to throw some at Poppy.  However, Ezra was so excited and giggly to do so that he never seemed to get close enough to actually make it on him.  It was funny to watch.
He sure did try!
Zoe was more determined and fierce in the matter.
Time for the digging into the main course.  The kids were excited about their thankful rolls and guessing who each belonged too, so they wanted to start with such.
The sweet little responses were precious!
Some of our thanks...
Since I had forgotten to have everyone sign the tablecloth earlier, this was our final activity for the day.
It is always fun looking back on things that we had written in the past as well.
Of course, we also enjoyed Beach's cheesecake, which turned out really well.  I was so excited to eat into this goodness that I didn't get a picture that did it justice.
Ezra's shirt couldn't be more fitting for the day, "So Happy & Thankful!"

No comments:

Post a Comment