Sunday, November 24, 2019

Fall School Fun

As I have mentioned, field trips are one of my favorites.  However, Zoe was not too thrilled when she found that one of her trips would stay at school this year for Colonial Day.  
However, they did a great job at teaching the kids, in a hands on manner, some aspects what life was really like back then.
Working through one of the stations, including this bead making one.
Zoe and one of her BFFs did matching necklaces.
I was in charge of the candle making process.  In all honesty, I volunteered for this before fulling understanding what I was getting into.  I was a little nervous about the process of the fire that was on the field that I was to use to keep all the wax melted in the jugs (well more nervous of the fact that there were be 100 kids around as well). 
However, the process went great, overall, and all the kids seemed to all really enjoy it. 
Constant dipping....
and end result.
We took a break for lunch, in which Zoe preferred me to be in another area, so I had lunch with my favorite kindergartners!
Supper cheese...
and silly faces.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another day, Zoe's classroom had a presentation about what they had been learning thus far, and took turns sharing.
It was nice that Beach was able to be there, as well, and Zoe enjoyed sharing with us some of the things she has been working on.
Moon cycles with the help of Oreos. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The 2nd grade had a parade around the school with the floats that had made, thinking about the Macy's Day Parade soon to come.  Adalyn lead the way.
Shiloh kindly walked with a buddy in her class, as his balloon had popped right beforehand, and she wanted him to have the experience.
Shiloh was very excited about her kitty creation!
Mom came as well, and we all enjoyed having lunch together afterwords.
My special girl!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The kids had such a blast at last years fun fair that we decided to do it again.
The rain kept us indoors for some unique opportunities. 
My littles really enjoyed the spinning paint station (until one got hurt and was ready to leave early).
Photo booth!
Pumpkin rolls!
and face painting for the win.
There was, also, an online auction going on, which I was confused regarding the end time.  Ends up I won a bid for a couple of Disney tickets at a fabulous price (and then was able to buy a couple more).  It's funny how sometimes God just arranges for you to do things, and looks like we are finally going to make it there, whether we had planned on it or not!  Love our school and spending time there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment