Thursday, November 14, 2019

Party with the Plants

So while my mom has always enjoyed plants, my love affair has only started in recent years.  I adore them, but if I'm honest know nothing about how to care for them and keep them alive.  It's an intimating world that I have only dared stick my toe in with a succulent and a house plant here and there.  However, when a local garden center, Woodleys, was having a class on making arrangements, it became a super fun outing with my mom and sisters.
The wine and amazing snacks definitely helped take the edge off.
The staff was fantastic at explaining, encouraging, and inspiring us to create our own pieces out of things one would find around their yard, some of which would just have been thrown away.
A little spray paint to add some bling!
It was  a blast that we were able to do it all together!
All of our end work turned out amazing and very individualized.
 My absolute favorite part, though, was being able to thank the employees.  It always brings me such joy to see people that are working in their element and being able to use their God given skills, and that was exactly what I got to see that night.  I wanted them to know that I saw them (for how often are we seen, really seen) and so appreciate them for helping me to create beauty in my heart and home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment