Saturday, April 28, 2012

I plead....guilty

I have always struggled with guilt. In the past it was more around what I had eaten or not having worked out...that, amongst other things. As silly as it sounds to me now, it would really bother me (and still does on occasion)!
Now it's moved on...it's more along the lines of mommy guilt. What I can't or am not able to do and it seems like a lot.  I should be holding her more.  I should not just let her cry in the swing, even if I do need to clean up the house.  I should want to read this book to her for the unfortunately 100th time, and it should not drive me crazy doing it.  I should plan and execute more toddler activities.  I should have gotten more done around the house.  I should have woken up earlier and gone to bed earlier.  I should have spent my time differently.  I should be less selfish!

Almost every night I go to bed thinking I will be better tomorrow, better at everything.  This perfectionist nature that I carry does not extend much grace to my soul.  But nonetheless, it is there and a constant struggle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment