Thursday, June 13, 2019

CB (Day 5)

Confession: After my throwing up incident the night before, and Beach being gone that day to help, I was pretty emotional in the morning, still not feeling well.  Like always, my mom was available to step up and help me in order to get the kids out to the beach.
Blue lips and a little shivers from an overcast day and cool water.
There was more boogie boards to be had though!
And snacks to be enjoyed.  I'm always pushing the carrots to help with the internal sunscreen factor.  The less I have to apply actual sunscreen, the happier everyone is.
The littles were all about creating moats...which is probably my favorite activity, as I know they are safe and I get to watch their minds at work.  Shiloh could care less if hair is all in her face.  
They worked together in an attempt to build up the water and had two competitive moats going.  
A comical attempt at a cousin picture!
Once the tide came in and ended that fun, Poppy was back to giving boogie board rides! 
While Uncle William got his fishing on.
It was entertaining when he caught a little shark.
Lauren demonstrated how to be brave and touch him.
De-hooked before being released. 
I get snuggles when the energy starts to wan. 
I reluctantly left the beach in the afternoon so to check out a trail that was close by, on the look out for Venus fly traps.
We looked hard...

and found some interesting things, but no traps.
Sweet 5-year-olds. 
My LOVES!
Then the girls wanted solo shots!
Another part of the park was on the water...
With a little more trail exploration!
We DID find some Venus fly traps on our quick stop to the visitor center.
After dinner that night we headed to the beach to check out the sunset, in an attempt to watch the fireworks further down the beach afterwords...
Most of the time it just consisted of the kids running around crazy. 
But with some sweet moments in-between.
I caught this silly picture of Lauren that I love and needed to include.
My sweet parents! 
Thankful that my man was back and got to experience the night with us as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment